Today’s latest multifocal intraocular lenses (Multifocal IOLs) prescribed for cataract or refractive surgery allow you to see either close-up or far away. This is a great improvement over traditional single-focus IOLs allowing sight at only one distance. Dr. Thomas Croley – practicing in Ocala, FL – is an ophthalmologist trained and experienced in providing Multifocal IOLs for both near and distance vision according to your personal and medical needs.
Multifocal IOL Personalized Benefits
Dr. Croley prescribes Multifocal IOLs with the goal of providing multiple refractive zones, including built-in rings allowing you to have a span of vision potential. These lenses are also very helpful to people over the age of 40 whose ability to see or read up close has become compromised.
The multifocal IOL is used to replace the natural lens of your eye removed during cataract or refractive surgery:
- Micro-incision implantation
- Like a contact lens
The decision of lens prescription choice is important for your individual medical needs and lifestyle.
Multifocal IOLs offer:
- An improvement to full range of vision
- Minimization of dependency on glasses
- Ability to see at a variety of distances – near, mid-range, and far
- Capability to see well in all life situations without glasses – reading a book, working on the computer, shopping, reading package labels, driving day and night, etc.
Multifocal IOL Working Basics
The development of cataracts blocks light to your natural eye lens, causing blurry vision. Aging past 40 years begins the deterioration of vision and the probability of cataracts emerging.
The development of cataracts causes your natural eye lenses to:
- Become cloudy and blurry
- Progressively have the inability to reflect light
- Create dim vision, halos, glares – especially at night
Multifocal IOLs help to:
- Give you a more active life without the need for eyewear
- Relieve you of eyewear purchase and upkeep investment
Free Yourself from Obstructed Vision
Improve your eyesight and quality of life today. Receive experienced and skillfully prescribed multifocal IOLs at Central Florida Eye Institute in Ocala, FL fitted to your individual needs and lifestyle. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Thomas Croley by calling 352-237-8400.