- Corneal Transplant
- Diabetic Eye Treatment
- Eye Exam
- Glaucoma Treatments
- Laser Surgery
- Retinal Surgery
Central Florida Eye Institute offers the best of all worlds…state-of-the-art ophthalmic technology combined with supportive, professional care. From the moment you walk through our doors, you’ll discover competent eye care professionals ready to assist you in obtaining the services you need to protect and optimize your vision.
We encourage you to ask questions, tour our facilities and obtain any additional information you need to feel comfortable with your eye care decisions.
Services Offered At Central Florida Eye Institute
- Corneal Transplant. Your cornea is the transparent, dome-shaped surface of your eye that is involved in focusing power and visual clarity. A healthy, clear cornea is integral to good vision. A corneal transplant is a surgical procedure that replaces part or all of your cornea with corneal tissue from a donor. Dr. Croley receives corneal tissue from exceptional sources and uses donor tissue to restore crisper vision to patients affected by corneal disease or injury.
- Diabetic Eye Treatment. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness in middle-aged and older adults. People with diabetes have a significant risk of developing Diabetic Retinopathy, which incurs damage to the small blood vessels and arteries in the eye. Proper treatment addresses the type and severity of diabetic retinopathy the patient has.
- Eye Exam. Many eye conditions don’t exhibit symptoms until they have caused damage to your vision. Your routine eye exams, scheduled annually or as recommended, help you stay abreast of hereditary or age-related changes in your eyes that may affect your vision.
- Glaucoma Treatments. Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of preventable blindness in the United States, affecting more than 70,000 people every year. It occurs when the drainage system within the eye is blocked. There is no way to prevent glaucoma. However, you can prevent significant damage to your vision through early treatment. Your regular eye exams can help you understand your risk for this condition.
- Laser Surgery. The development of various laser devices has elevated the level of care we can provide to our patients. Laser technology is now used in procedures to treat conditions such as retinal holes and tears, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and more. LASIK is the most well-known laser eye surgery.
- Optical. While Dr. Croley is a board-certified ophthalmologist who can provide appropriate care for a variety of vision problems and eye diseases, our Ocala vision center also has an optical shop. Here, we have a wide selection of prescription and non-prescription eyewear. Our Board Certified Licensed Optician is here to help you find the glasses that are right for you.
- Retinal Surgery. The retina is the delicate inner lining of the eye. It is the piece of tissue that transfers rays of light to the optic nerve, which then sends impressions to the brain. The retina is susceptible to various conditions. The most common include Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Detachment, and Retinal Tears. Most retinal holes and tears can be treated with laser surgery if they are found before the retina detaches. When the retina begins to detach, surgery must be performed to preserve the maximum amount of eyesight.
What People Say About Us!
Best Ophthalmologist in Ocala! I have been a patient for over 17 years and can’t say enough good things about Dr.Croley. The staff is friendly and makes you feel like family not a number. Definitely would recommend Dr.Croley for anyone needing an Eye Doctor!!!
Click here to read more reviews.
The Importance Of Regular Eye Care Appointments
Having good vision corrected is important to the quality of your day-to-day life. However, even if you see clearly at this point in your life, you may be at risk for eye disease in the future. Common eye diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration can lead to vision loss. There are two ways that people commonly find out they have one of these conditions or another disease that may threaten their eyesight. One is to develop symptoms. The other is through their routine eye exam with a board-certified ophthalmologist.
Why Choose Dr. Thomas Croley
You want to trust your vision to remain consistent throughout your lifetime. This goal takes effort. Thomas L. Croley, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist who has devoted his expansive medical career to helping people live their best lives. His foundational medical education has been expanded through many hours of continued training each year. These pieces of training have included the latest techniques in laser eye surgery, cosmetic eyelid surgery, and advanced treatments for eye diseases that affect millions of adults. Throughout well over 25 years in practice, Dr. Croley has gained significant intuition about the function of the eyes and how to improve it.
We also offer the following Patient and Community Education Services:
- Educational Seminars and Talks to Large or Small Groups: We are happy to come to your place of work, pleasure or study to speak on subjects relating to eye care and health. Subjects may include but are not limited to: Eye Safety, Preventing Injury and Blindness, Cataracts, Macular Degeneration, Diabetes, Glaucoma, Laser Vision Correction (Lasik/PRK), and Childhood Eye Concerns.
- Vision/Glaucoma Screenings; Schools and Businesses: We can come into your school or business (large or small) and screen for glaucoma or vision testing to see if glasses may be needed.
- Health Fairs: We enjoy being involved in community health fairs! We provide experienced staff and educational material to get needed information to those who care about their health.