With so many options for managing the signs of aging, it can be difficult to differentiate one product or technique from another. We like to provide the greatest amount of information for our clients because we believe that informed patients are the most confident. For concerns related to the loss of volume in the mid-face area, we use Restylane dermal fillers. Here, we explain the details that you may want to know about this treatment.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler product. There are several products in this brand. More on that in a moment. On a general level, Restylane fillers are hyaluronic acid particles held in a gel base. Hyaluronic acid is a sugar compound that the body makes naturally to keep joints moving fluidly and to keep the eyes from getting dry. The skin also relies on hyaluronic acid to retain moisture. With age, the production of this sugar-based acid slows to a halt, resulting in deflated skin.
The loss of natural hyaluronic acid is corrected by injecting this substance in areas where it is needed most. Over time, the maker of Restylane fillers has expanded formulations to meet specific needs. All continue to have the same base, but products now have unique consistencies that allow them to hold up perfectly in their target area.
Examples of Restylane fillers include:
- Restylane, used to soften nasolabial folds. The first treatment achieves results that last from 6 to 9 months. Studies show that repeat treatments can last as long as 18 months.
- Restylane Silk, used to smooth the delicate lines around the mouth and plump thin or deflated lips. This product has ultra-small hyaluronic acid particles and lasts approximately 6 months.
- Restylane Lyft, used for moderate to severe lines and creases. This filler is also used to restore plumpness to the backs of the hands. It is denser and well-suited to cheek augmentation. In the face, this filler can last up to 12 months. In the hands, it lasts up to 6 months.
- Restylane Refyne, used to smooth superficial lines and folds. This thinner product is intended for use just under the skin to plump mild to moderate wrinkles. Results last up to 12 months.
- Restylane Defyne, used for deeper creases like marionette line and significant nasolabial folds. This thicker filler is deposited further beneath the skin’s surface. Results last up to 12 months.
We Know How to Help you Refresh
To learn more about dermal fillers like Restylane, including how much you may need and how long you can wait in between touch-ups, schedule a consultation in our Ocala office. Call (352) 237-8400.