LASIK is a revolutionary refractive surgery that helps address vision conditions like hyperopia and myopia. It also serves as a legitimate cure for astigmatism. With its exceptionally high success rate, many people have turned to LASIK for crystal clear vision.
If you have specific issues with your vision that you are looking to address, LASIK could be your ticket to clear vision. Since this procedure deals with something so important to us as humans, our vision, it is essential to understand what factors make a good candidate.
Am I a Good Candidate For LASIK?
Some key factors can help determine whether or not you make a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- If you have diabetes or conditions that affect your autoimmune system, you must have them under control.
- You should be in good overall health.
- You should avoid certain eye diseases like keratoconus, severe cataracts, or retinal and optic nerve diseases.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing as a hormone fluctuation can cause the procedure instability.
- The thickness of your cornea must fall into an adequate range. Your eye doctor can conduct this test.
What Are the Benefits of LASIK?
The results from your LASIK eye surgery are typically permanent. That means you can enjoy a clear vision for the rest of your life.
LASIK is more affordable now than ever before. Advancements in the medical field have allowed the procedure to be conducted for less money, so more patients have access to treatment.
Quick & Painless Procedure
This procedure is quick. You are usually in and out of the facility within two hours. The process itself does not cause any pain while it is being conducted. Slight pressure may be felt during the procedure, but nothing more than mild.
Fixes All Types of Refractive Errors
LASIK can address any refractive error that you may be experiencing with your vision. And its high success rate makes it an excellent option for anyone looking to improve their vision.
Get LASIK With Dr. Thomas Croley
The Central Florida Eye Institute in Ocala, FL, is providing the people of Central Florida with world-class optic care.
The team here is led by Dr. Thomas Croley, a board-certified ophthalmologist with specialized training in cataract surgery, LASIK Eye Surgery, PRK Eye Surgery, and intraocular lens implantation.
If interested, call us at 352-237-8400 or fill out our contact form online to request a consultation.