Once you have made the decision to undergo LASIK, it is important to note that not all LASIK eye surgeons are created equal. You may be tempted to choose surgeons or vision clinics that offer LASIK at a lower cost. However, keep in mind that there’s a huge difference between bargain hunting for shoes and having surgery to improve your vision.
Your LASIK eye surgeon is one of the most important factors that will influence outcomes of the procedure. There are two crucial things to look for in a LASIK eye surgeon: specialized education in laser refractive eye surgery and solid experience in performing LASIK surgery. When asking your prospective surgeon about experience, do not only ask about the eye surgeries he or she has performed but also how many of those surgeries were LASIK or PRK procedures.
We recommend you check for the following components when assessing a LASIK surgery center:
- Check for cleanliness within the facility.
- Ask about the equipment and technology that is being used by the LASIK eye surgeon. Make certain that the technologies used are abreast of the latest developments ands trends in LASIK.
- Opt for clinics with professional, warm, and friendly staff.
- Ask about the center’s patient satisfaction rate. Be wary of testimonials that sound too good to be true.
- The surgeon of your choice should be an active listener and will consider your needs, expectations, and lifestyle in creating an individualized LASIK treatment plan.
- Keep in mind that you may have to visit the center multiple times for consultations and follow-up visits. Thus, it is ideal to find a center with a location that is convenient for you.
Would you like to learn more about LASIK services? We’d love to hear from you! Call 352.237.8400 to schedule a personal consultation today.